Local delegates of the SMART Transportation Division will be attending two conventions in 2014.
From June 30 to July 2, Transportation Division delegates will be attending a convention in San Diego, Calif., to elect officers of the Transportation Division and to approve recommendations for changes to the SMART Constitution. The Transportation Division convention will be held at the Hilton San Diego Bayfront Hotel.
For hotel reservations and Transportation Division Convention information, click here.
Transportation Division delegates will also participate in SMART’s first convention following the merger of the United Transportation Union and the Sheet Metal Workers International Association, working side-by-side with delegates from the SMWIA. That convention will be held August 11-15 in Las Vegas at Caesar’s Palace.
More information about the conventions will be made available on this page as details are completed.
- Guest registration for the SMART Transportation Division Convention, San Diego, Calif., June 30-July 2, 2014
- SMART Convention/Constitution FAQs (03/18/14)
- Amending the SMART Constitution’s Article 21B (01/24/14)
- To view the new SMART Constitution (01/14/14), click here.
- To view the UTU Constitution (01/01/11), click here.
- Locals need delegate, seal prior to convention (10/18/13)